Translate

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Wednesday September 17th

Today we went to the hospital for the first time, just for a quick tour and deciding which wards we´d like to have our clinical practice at. We divided in 3 group since we always have to be 3 students at a time at each ward.
The hospital is the one of 2 state hospitals in Windhoek. The standard isn´t like in Norwegian hospitals but not as bad as we expected. It´s not very maintained but since it´s not a private hospital the equipment and facilities aren´t as modern as other hospitals...I guess..
The staff seemed nice and welcoming and I´m looking forward to starting my clinical practices there tomorrow, and hopefully learn as much as possible while I´m there.
To end our day at the hospital we decided to walk back home to the house we´re staying at, about an hour walk in the African sun...because Norwegains like to walk, and as future nurses we know that it is important to stay physical active..

In the afternoon we went back into the center of the city, to State Office to pick up our visas.
For some reasons they could only find 5 out of 9 passport so the rest of us, including me of course,  had to wait for almost an hour, but with some patience we were lucky enough to get the visas only 3 days after we arrived in Namibia.
Then it was time for some grocery shopping and stocking up on bottles and bottles of water...as we future nurses know it is important to stay hydrated..

On today´s dinner menu was cheeseburgers, chili/cajun style. I was one of the 3 people in charge of dinner.. despite of lots of tears while chopping onions I could still enjoy a juicy and spicy burger with a smile that chased the tears away.
With a full tummy and having to get up at 6 am tomorrow morning it is wise of me to go to bed earlier than I normally do...so I can wake up and get my tired self into a waiting cab in the morning...
With this I will say goodnight, close my laptop and let the sound of barking dogs put me to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment