Translate

Sunday, September 21, 2014

MY FIRST WEEKEND IN WINDHOEK, NAMIBIA

The weekend is over when I´m writing this.. I´m in bed and getting ready for my first full week at the hospital: at Casualty..

Anyway, I had a good weekend...lots of sleep, good food and great summer weather.
On Saturday I slept in late before catching up on some reading for the exam I will have once I get back to Norway..studying in the sun is sooo much better than staying at home in Norway where it is getting colder and darker every day. A lazy afternoon before we went out for dinner at Joe´s Beerhouse. What a cozy and unique restaurant. I had "Bushman Sosatie", a selection of crocodile, zebra, kudu, oryx and springbox...very good and also cheap...8 people ate, drank alcohol, soda and coffee and had dessert for 1900 N$ .. knowing we will back there many times while being here.

Sunday was another quiet and relaxing day at home, laying outside and reading for my exam.
I went for a walk with 3 of the other students before we went groceryshopping for dinner: chicken, rice with garlic sauce, garlig bread and salad. Once again a delicious meal..I can get used to all these nice dinners while being here:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment