Translate

Friday, September 28, 2012

complicated but worth it :-)

Oh well..here I am again and not being able to write as much as I would like..but better late than never :-)
Another weekend is here after 2 fun filled weekends with the last one spent in Stockholm visiting an old friend that I haven't seen in over a year.
My trip to Stockholm was a long weekend and had been looking forward to visit my friend for quite a while. Shopping, food, sightseeing, a 3 hour late night phone call, a haircut and lots of catching up was just what I needed.
I have to admit Stockholm is a very charming city, a lot nicer than Oslo.. I wouldn't mind living there instead of here. I'm definitely going back there soon..and hope that my friend will visit me here in Oslo before she moves to California. Had a blast in Stockholm!!!
Then it was back to school, studying, writing a paper and making money on my days off..

Not to forget dating as well...getting back into it.
Realizing you gotta move on and be open and ready to meet that special someone who values you more than a friend but someone quite unique.
The on-line dating is the thing for me since I rarely go out and you just don't meet guys at the grocery store or on the bus to work.
After a few nights out and some dates I came to the conclusion that my dating life isn't bad at all.
A couple of guys that really like you..the one you had an eye on for a while never looked at you as more than a friend..meeting someone who wasn't your "type" but made you rethink many things and while also going on dates with new guys that showed an interest in you.
It shows that things just happen when you least expect it.and shows that I'm worth the attention and affection I want and deserve, without sound cocky..or do I?
Sometimes it's worth taking the risk of being turned down while going after what you want and not what other people think it's good for you. Usually dating is hard since the mutual chemistry isn't there most of the time and the first date also is the last date.
It can also be hard if you know a guy is "great on paper" and really likes you but...you like the person's company but don't feel the spark... you give yourself another chance or two with that person and nothing changes.
That's usually the stories of my dating life..liking the wrong guys that don't appreciate my qualities and the ones that do have what I'm looking for I'm not interested in..and endless circle..
I then end up feeling bad for the ones I'm not "feeling"even though you can't never help the way you feel.
Then out of the blue there's someone not quite your type..once you give the person a chance you see a lot of good qualities beyond the "complicated exterior"..and that maybe this could be the start of something..
It's all in how a person make you feel and the importance of showing you how he/she feels without being afraid of heartache or disappointment..and taking that chance..
I know I'm ready for the attention and affection I crave, without either one holding back in any way..
It's better to take a chance at love than regretting not having taken a chance at all!
One recent conversation did put many things into perspective for me.. and that good feeling looking forward to hearing from or seeing that person again is always a great start :-)

"SMILE TO THE WORLD AND IT SMILES BACK TO YOU"

No comments:

Post a Comment